In sports, particularly fastpitch softball, the game is 90% mental and all the private hitting, pitching, conditioning and speed instruction isn't going to improve what's going on between her ears. Mastery of her mental skills is The Game Changer as whether your athlete reaches her true softball potential or not...it's that simple.
Softball Smarts and Winner's Edge Softball is dedicated to helping softball players, parents and coaches everywhere to become more aware and more effective at recognizing then overcoming the myriad mental and emotional performance killers that sabotage her on the field potential for greatness and joy of playing the game!
Softball Smarts & Winner's Edge Softball combine the best of:
- Traditional Sports Psychology Principles
- A decade of hands on fastpitch softball coaching experience
- Personal elite athlete performance experience at the collegiate level
- 20 years of cutting edge Mental Skills training experience
- Sports parenting experience
We recognize that mastering the game of fastpitch softball is not accomplished overnight and that all young athletes need help dealing with all the pressures the game throws at them. At Winner's Edge Softball we have developed a mental skills program guaranteed to transform your athlete into a consistent peak performer top coaches want in their program.
- John's most popular book, How She Thinks is How She Plays
- The Game Changer Program: A Mental Skills Blueprint to Make Her the Best She Can Be
- John's best selling, Sports Confidence Blueprint audio program
- Read my daily Sports Mental Minutes on Facebook.
- Weekly Softball Smarts Tips for great insights, tools and tips from John (subscribe on the front page, upper right column)
- Private Mental Skills Coaching Sessions with John
- Weekly Softball Performance Tips on You Tube.
To learn more about how the 21 Mental Performance Killers can sabotage your athlete's success visit us at John Michael Kelly Sports or contact John at: SoftballSmarts101@gmail.com with questions you'd like help with.
About John Kelly
As a sports parent, championship fastpitch game coach, mental skills expert, former youth league Board member and former two sport collegiate athlete John brings a unique perspective and voice to the world of youth sports. John has been coaching youth sports since 1996, including soccer and baseball, and exclusively fastpitch softball since 2003 at the recreational, All Star, travel and high school levels. John has coached over 600 fastpitch games and his teams have consistently excelled at the State and National levels while compiling a .742 winning percentage; including a 3rd place finish in SoCal ASA States, 7th in ASA Nationals, and 2nd in the Triple Crown World Series.
John is an ASA Ace Certified Coach, NFHS Certified Coach, PCA Double Goal Certified Coach, and a Certified Mental Skills Coach. John has been a teacher and practitioner of mental skills for over 20 years, and while coaching and studying elite athletes he has seen and proved the direct relationship between mental mastery and consistent, elite performance. Personally, John competed at the Division I level in collegiate baseball and football.